After more than a year, I have finally finished the Galaxy Top. It was the hardest project I have worked on. It took so long because I didn’t work on it for months on end. It is very time consuming. I crocheted 60 motifs, cut and hemmed the top of the shirt, attached them to the shirt, then connected all the motifs. Connecting all the motifs was the hardest part. It is a process that is somewhat freeform. I wasn’t sure I was doing it correctly. I am not sure how the finished project would hold up, time will tell. It seems like such a delicate shirt.
I learned a lot from the project. It has given me ideas for other projects. When I shop, I see a lot of shirts with lace inlays. After doing this project, making something similar wouldn’t be as difficult for me. The pattern calls for a row of motifs attached to the bottom edge of the shirt. I decided not to do the bottom part. I was burned out on the project. I also felt like that adding more motifs would make the short too frilly for me. I am happy how it turned out. I have several of the circle motifs left over. I am thinking of making shawl or scarf with them.