Monday, April 8, 2013

Spiral Peyote Stitch



Occasionally, I like to try new beading techniques. I saw pictures of spiral peyote stitch projects on the Internet and I really like the look of the stitch. I wanted to learn this version of peyote stitch and thought it would be a fun beading project. At first, I found it confusing but once I got the hang of it, I enjoyed it. I found this tutorial and I also downloaded this free e book from Beading Daily that featured a spiral peyote stitch pattern. Between these two links, I was able to figure out the technique.   

I  chose a color scheme of ivory, blue, grey, green and turquoise.  To get the look of the spiral you vary the size of the beads you use. I used size 8, 11 and 15 seed beads. Since they are so small, I haven’t used size 15 beads much but they are easier to use than I thought. I will probably make this project into bracelet.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh...I might want to try beading now! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,I love beading and this is a fun project.

    ReplyDelete