About a year ago, I ran across this tutorial on the blog gingerbread snowflakes. I also ran across this tutorial on the same blog on pressing fall leaves for future use. I loved the way the project looked so I collected a lot of leaves, pressed them between newspapers for a few weeks and attempted the project. It was a miserable failure. For me, the leaves wouldn’t stick to the jar I was using. I threw the whole thing out and forgot about it.
Fast forward a year and it is fall again and the leaves have turned color. I love the colors of leaves in the fall. I couldn’t resist collected a few leaves to try this project again. I collected only a few leaves to start and am pressing them in a book. I am hoping that it works better this time. At the very least, I have some leaves I can press and preserve for other projects that use fall leaves.